Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
discuss

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
I say yes. I dont think he's fighting better comp than Oscar did. To make up for the top comp Oscar fight against...in wins or losses overall, he'll need 2 or so more top wins.

I think he's on a sex strike...

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:53 pm 

Cash on hand:

Its tough to say. He aint faster or hit as hard as Oscar, or better feet. But he is better defensively, to the body, and most importantly he is more SURE of himself and tough mentally than Oscar ever was.

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

Yes.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:51 am 

Cash on hand:

No. Just he's in a weaker era and dominated a weaker division, plus has better ways to cheat and enhance his body. DLH beats him at 154 easily. Yet he's still improving and we haven't seen the best Canelo yet I believe.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:56 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Wow. Good damn question. My gut reaction is no, because as much as I shit on Oscar, and its well deserved, in the ring he handled business. I gotta think on this,.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:35 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It's an interesting question. Oscar legit lost to Shane both times. Did Canelo legit lose to GGG both times? No.

I think Canelo has greater upside because he can grow into higher weight classes. I actually think he can go up to Supermiddle. I still don't think that he's great but I think that he's good and competent and is getting better all things considered.

I think I'll appreciate his career more after he retires or if he does more impressive stuff.

"I'm clbs finest,the legend,the #1 man...I picked the most winners and that's wat my legacy will always be around here!" --King Moe

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

No. Just he's in a weaker era and dominated a weaker division, plus has better ways to cheat and enhance his body. DLH beats him at 154 easily. Yet he's still improving and we haven't seen the best Canelo yet I believe.

No

"I'm clbs finest,the legend,the #1 man...I picked the most winners and that's wat my legacy will always be around here!" --King Moe

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:45 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

It's an interesting question. Oscar legit lost to Shane both times. Did Canelo legit lose to GGG both times? No.

I think Canelo has greater upside because he can grow into higher weight classes. I actually think he can go up to Supermiddle. I still don't think that he's great but I think that he's good and competent and is getting better all things considered.

I think I'll appreciate his career more after he retires or if he does more impressive stuff.

That's not a legit comp. Shane>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GGG.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I put myself into this one before canelo jacobs by declaring that current canelo would beat middleweight tito...and I standby it.

Tito was a one and half dimensional power guy, Oscar was a bit more the boxer who faded late and could be outwilled. This canelo doesnt lose to either. Neither guy has enough wrinkles. He has the combo of size skill and power and speed that would have beaten them. He's too slick to be beaten by simple power, and he doesnt fade late, he turns up.

I mean we could come at the better comp argument too. Which guys that dlh and tito beat would beat Canelo? None. I know the tito faithful will be frothing at the mouth over this. Im ready. These comparisons are much closer than most of yall care to admit.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:02 pm 

Cash on hand:

That's not a legit comp. Shane>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GGG.

and i think Oscar beat Shane in the rematch while Canelo lost to GGG in their first fight.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:04 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Shane at 147 beats canelo at 147.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I think a lot of ppl beat canelo at 147. Canelo was very green back then.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

True. But you put present day canelos brain in that 147 body, shane still beats him.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

True. But you put present day canelos brain in that 147 body, shane still beats him.

True. But thats not saying much to be honest. Shane beats anyone at 147 of the last 2 decades not named Floyd Mayweather...and possibly Manny Pacquiao. I hope Shane over Oscar. For all the credit Oscar got for fighting "everybody" Shane fought 2 guys that Oscar didnt go near in Forest and Wright, he lost to them a combined 4 times, but those are 4 losses Oscar would have taken if he truly fought everybody. For the shit I used to give shane, I hold him in higher regard than Oscar and Canelo has even more work to overtake Shane.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:00 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

True. But thats not saying much to be honest. Shane beats anyone at 147 of the last 2 decades not named Floyd Mayweather...and possibly Manny Pacquiao. I hope Shane over Oscar. For all the credit Oscar got for fighting "everybody" Shane fought 2 guys that Oscar didnt go near in Forest and Wright, he lost to them a combined 4 times, but those are 4 losses Oscar would have taken if he truly fought everybody. For the shit I used to give shane, I hold him in higher regard than Oscar and Canelo has even more work to overtake Shane.

Right. But that goes back to that comparison of Canelo v GGG. To put GGG and Shane in the same thought is insane.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Right. But that goes back to that comparison of Canelo v GGG. To put GGG and Shane in the same thought is insane.

Yeah, I guess so. Shane >> GGG sounds about right. I mean BHO had GGG as an untested bum conqueror up until the Jacobs fight. I dont ever remember Shane having such titles during that part of his career.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:22 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Yeah, I guess so. Shane >> GGG sounds about right. I mean BHO had GGG as an untested bum conqueror up until the Jacobs fight. I dont ever remember Shane having such titles during that part of his career.

Aye. I don't know where you fall on him, but Shane, to me, is an ATG. He wasn't even his best at 147. He was better lighter. GGG, as much as I rode that hype, can never, and will never, be considered an ATG, at any weight.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:33 pm 

Cash on hand:

Prime Vargas that beat Winky and Quartey would beat Canelo. Bigger puncher with better legs and even more heart.

Tito would beat canelo. Tito aint losing to some 5’8 stalky Canelo. Tito was 5’11 with 74 inch reach. Canelo would be up early but Tito would start bringing the pain and Canelo does give up late rounds too. Jacobs made the fight close by taking the latter rounds. The latter rounds is where Tito was at his best.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Aye. I don't know where you fall on him, but Shane, to me, is an ATG. He wasn't even his best at 147. He was better lighter. GGG, as much as I rode that hype, can never, and will never, be considered an ATG, at any weight.

That is in line with my logic...especially the GGG bit, and its why canelo has more to do to be put over oscar. Oscar and Shane are ATGs. So is Tito. When I say Canelo at 160 beats 160 Tito and Oscar, it doesnt mean I say he's better than both guys. He still has more work to get there. And the win and draw with GGG...taking into account that GGG isnt an ATG is what makes it that he has more to achieve to get above Oscar.

I hear your guy boo boo "tell me im doing good daddy" andrade is fighting chump ass sulecki next. :lol:

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

That is in line with my logic...especially the GGG bit, and its why canelo has more to do to be put over oscar. Oscar and Shane are ATGs. So is Tito. When I say Canelo at 160 beats 160 Tito and Oscar, it doesnt mean I say he's better than both guys. He still has more work to get there. And the win and draw with GGG...taking into account that GGG isnt an ATG is what makes it that he has more to achieve to get above Oscar.

I hear your guy boo boo "tell me im doing good daddy" andrade is fighting chump ass sulecki next. :lol:

Sulecki aint no chump, if you ever seen him fight, which i doubt you have

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Aye, right in my neighborhood too.

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Sulecki aint no chump, if you ever seen him fight, which i doubt you have

Alright alright i digress :lol:

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

after a while you should stop quoting. :kopfpatsch:

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:03 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

after a while you should stop quoting. :kopfpatsch: