Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Boxing Chat

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: IrelandIreland
please take the opportunity to toot your own Horn by mentioning some against the grain predictions that you absolutely nailed. i probably have hundreds but for starters I'll throw out:

JMM KO-11 over Casamayor. called the exact rd JMM would stop him. i was ridiculed for thinking JMM could stop him.

Mosleys destruction over Margarito. Margo's stock was at its highest. i knew Shane would not only win but also destroy him.

Nunes destruction of Cyborg. saw it coming a mile away. Not sure why i was in the minority.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:06 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Cotto's beatdown of Sergio Martinez

I too was on Mosley over margarita.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 am 

Cash on hand:

Interesting one with Cotto Martinez. most here as I recall did have Cotto losing big. afterwards he didnt get much credit.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:35 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Interesting one with Cotto Martinez. most here as I recall did have Cotto losing big. afterwards he didnt get much credit.

Everyone was quick to blame Martinez's bum knee, which is accurate. But that's why I had Cotto winning big, I saw those knee issues a mile away.

Jmm-Cassamayor is interesting too, especially since you got the round right, LOL

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:01 am 

Cash on hand:

Nate Campbell beating Juan Diaz cuz back then Nate was being avoided and Juan was the hype

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:26 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I will always remember nate Campbell for getting knocked out after taunting some kid with his hands down, LOL

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:40 am 

Cash on hand:

I will always remember nate Campbell for getting knocked out after taunting some kid with his hands down, LOL

:hearty-laugh:

yea i remember Nate-Diaz. Nate whipped his ass and abpruptly ended that hype train. I remember on the old ESPN board after Juan Diaz whipped Julio Diaz, a lot of people were warning Manny Pacquiao to steer clear of Juan. :shock: :rofl:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:hearty-laugh:

yea i remember Nate-Diaz. Nate whipped his ass and abpruptly ended that hype train. I remember on the old ESPN board after Juan Diaz whipped Julio Diaz, a lot of people were warning Manny Pacquiao to steer clear of Juan. :shock: :rofl:

LMAO. The baby fucking bull. Didn't he have some fun scraps with Katsdides or some shit like that?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 am 

Cash on hand:

he had himself a good career. fun fights. exciting style. had the classic JMM fight where JMM knocked him the fuck out with one of the most beautiful fight ending combos of all time. the Katsidis fight was actually a let down for me as Diaz actually boxed responsibly and intelligently and easily outpointed Katsidis. i expected WW3. Now an extremely fun fight i remember was Katsidis-Casamayor. I also remember Katsidis violently putting JMM on his asz, i damn near lost my mind.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:25 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

he had himself a good career. fun fights. exciting style. had the classic JMM fight where JMM knocked him the fuck out with one of the most beautiful fight ending combos of all time. the Katsidis fight was actually a let down for me as Diaz actually boxed responsibly and intelligently and easily outpointed Katsidis. i expected WW3. Now an extremely fun fight i remember was Katsidis-Casamayor. I also remember Katsidis violently putting JMM on his asz, i damn near lost my mind.

Yes, you're right. That's my bad.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:23 pm 

Cash on hand:

Fury beating Wilder with Fury getting robbed and it being ruled a draw. I was pleased with that prediction as I won a $20 bet at 33/1. No Nostradamus though just saw it all before with Canelo GGG 1, and Lewis Holyfield 1. Always worth betting on a draw when the house fighter is facing someone better

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Aye. you were on Fury beating Wider, that's a good one.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:18 pm 

Cash on hand:

I too probably have too many to mention :cool: but a few off the top.

Quintana beating Paul williams. No one seen that coming cept me.

I made threads about Cotto beating Martinez and i think its a style thing, nothing about the knee had anything to do with that. Martinez was always chinny and i knew he looked good against big slow fighters but would get ate up against a smaller, quicker and better fighter. When that bum Chavez Jr dropped and almost killed him was it his knees? How bout when that euro bum dropped him and got robbed? Or when Margarito washed him in 8 rounds? Was it his knee then? Exactly. Dude was overrated and people love hating on Cotto.

Most recently how bout making $50 off a Joshua fan for knowing Wilder would destroy Breazele in quick fashion

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:24 pm 

Cash on hand:

Nate The Galaxxy warrior campbell was a good fighter and scumbag at the same time lol. After thrashing Baby Bull it should have been him and JMM, but of course that puss JMM chose baby bull. Marquez was a cherry picking bitch. How the fuck do you defens fighting baby bull off a fresh ass whooping and avoiding the guy who did it. Fought him twice at that. Provodnikov destroys Alavarado, and who does JMM fight? Alvarado :lol: :lol:

It went wrong with Bradley. He seen provodnikov tear Bradleys ass up in a war, then took a fight with bradley afterward and took that L. He always been a bitch like that. No business fighting guys like Katsidis, Alvarado, baby bullshit twice. Marquez ducked a lot of fights and imglad his career ended with him being riddled with injuries and unable to secure one last big payday

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:42 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Nate The Galaxxy warrior campbell was a good fighter and scumbag at the same time lol. After thrashing Baby Bull it should have been him and JMM, but of course that puss JMM chose baby bull. Marquez was a cherry picking bitch. How the fuck do you defens fighting baby bull off a fresh ass whooping and avoiding the guy who did it. Fought him twice at that. Provodnikov destroys Alavarado, and who does JMM fight? Alvarado :lol: :lol:

It went wrong with Bradley. He seen provodnikov tear Bradleys ass up in a war, then took a fight with bradley afterward and took that L. He always been a bitch like that. No business fighting guys like Katsidis, Alvarado, baby bullshit twice. Marquez ducked a lot of fights and imglad his career ended with him being riddled with injuries and unable to secure one last big payday

The man fought pac in 4 wars, and fought (and got whooped) by floyd. So that's 5 fights against the consnensus 1 and 1a of this generation of fighters.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:46 pm 

Cash on hand:

The man fought pac in 4 wars, and fought (and got whooped) by floyd. So that's 5 fights against the consnensus 1 and 1a of this generation of fighters.

So??? He on that Khan shit. Fight bums while making big fights, not risking or taking tough fights in between. Bullshit he did for years. Take away Pac and his legacy is trash. He got owned every second of every round against Floyd and fought like a one dimensional puss. He actually set a record for lowest punches landed in a 12 round fight lol. Fuck JMM.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:55 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Tell me how you really feel? LMAO!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:15 pm 

Cash on hand:

he wasn't looking to secure one last big pay day. Manny begged him for a 5th fight and Juan told him to fuck off. :hearty-laugh:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica

he wasn't looking to secure one last big pay day. Manny begged him for a 5th fight and Juan told him to fuck off. :hearty-laugh:

We not gonna start this all again are we?? :hearty-laugh:

I think he's on a sex strike...

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:26 am 

Cash on hand:

Hopkins embarrassing Tarver after 2 losses to Taylor and going up 2 weight classes.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:57 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Pacquiao over De La Hoya: By far was the most fun. As much as I hated Oscar, I rarely picked against him, but I knew Manny was going to beat him and could only talk Cole into the notion. By the time the weigh-in happened, I would have bet the house, if I owned one. I hated Manny post-Morales, but I gave him years of a free pass after that beatdown. That beautiful homophobic, gambling addict retard.

Calzaghe over Kessler/Ward over Kessler: Some fighters you feel like you have a grasp on and Mikkel Kessler was one of them for me. I felt like I knew exactly what he could and couldn't do. I liked Kessler a lot, but just knew his robotic style wasn't going to get it done against Calzaghe. This was a controversial pick at the time. It's also easy to forget how most picked Kessler against Ward too. People thought Ward was in over his head in the 168 Tourney. I did too, except that I knew he would beat Kessler. He had a tuneup fight just before Kessler where he fought underneath the guy's jab and showed himself as Baby Hopkins really for the first time and I knew then that Kessler was a dead man.

Cotto over Martinez: I got to see this live at MSG too! Martinez had looked like shit FOR YEARS. He had four straight fights from 2011-2013 where he looked bad. He had a gift decision against Martin Murray, almost got knocked out by Julio Jr., had to war with Maklin and Barker to win. He was one of those dudes in the Top 3 P4P that I loudly questioned, "WHY?" I thought Cotto was a live dog and I loved Cotto, so I picked him. I did not expect what happened exactly, but holy shit was it fun when it did.

Paul Williams over Margarito: Margarito at his most boogeyman. Floyd fighting Baldomir instead of Margarito was the best thing that ever happened as Margarito as people talked themselves into him being an absolute killer. Then his first match with this status he looks kind of shitty against Clottey. By the time the Williams match was signed (a mandatory!), I was fairly sure Paul would beat Margarito. It was one of those things, the two things Margarito does well -- Punch output and be bigger than EVERYBODY he's in the ring with -- Were totally nullified by what Williams was bringing. I was confident Paul would win. I had the same exact feeling when Paul vs. Pavlik was signed and am certain to this day that Williams would have beat Pavlik. Oh, well.

That was fun, I'm going to think of others tomorrow.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:28 am 

Cash on hand:

yea i remember Gruber blasting Oscar for picking on the smaller Pacquiao then maybe 1-2 weeks before the fight he switched to Pacquiao. I also had Paul Williams over Margarito. great fight. I also called Nate Diaz 2nd rd submission over Conor. Cant wait to add Ferguson over Khabib and Keef over Spencer to my legendary list.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:25 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
yea i remember Gruber blasting Oscar for picking on the smaller Pacquiao then maybe 1-2 weeks before the fight he switched to Pacquiao. I also had Paul Williams over Margarito. great fight. I also called Nate Diaz 2nd rd submission over Conor. Cant wait to add Ferguson over Khabib and Keef over Spencer to my legendary list.

Remember to eat shit with both things fail.

I think he's on a sex strike...

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:10 pm 

Cash on hand:

Hopkins over Pavlik. Wilder over Stiverne.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Hopkins over Pavlik. Wilder over Stiverne.

This goes down as one of my worst predictions as I was strongly on Pavlik beating Hopkins.

Board index » General Boxing Chat