National Flag: United States of AmericaUnited States of America
Where do you guys stand?

Post subject: Re: Gun Control
 Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

National Flag: JamaicaJamaica
Against guns, for stringent gun control laws, but if I lived in America, I'd probably arm myself to the teeth, walk wuth a vest on at all times, and reinforce my car with kevlar panels.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:31 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Against guns, for stringent gun control laws, but if I lived in America, I'd probably arm myself to the teeth, walk wuth a vest on at all times, and reinforce my car with kevlar panels.

:hearty-laugh:

It's war out here man.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

:hearty-laugh:

It's war out here man.

When the law supports people walking around armed, there is really no other choice but to arm yourself. People at the gun range training themselves to shot at the center mass, not a leg or an arm. So they shooting you in the chest or the back. Ya, Ill take that vest for 500, and the pistol holder for my belt.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:49 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

its sad. I too support gun control. But I also own a piece. But I don't own a friggin machine gun that these fools are running around with in these mass shootings.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:36 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: RussiaRussia
Stay in the house. Tv, liquor, food, sex, all available upon demand. Fuck I need to hang outside for?? :rofl:

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:22 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Stay in the house. Tv, liquor, food, sex, all available upon demand. Fuck I need to hang outside for?? :rofl:

LMAO, you gotta leave the hosue sometime!~

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

LMAO, you gotta leave the hosue sometime!~

That or they gonna come in your, watch your tv, drink your liquor, eat your food, and fuck your woman. It'll get there bruh, better tool up!

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:50 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I hate to kill a thread by being serious, but this was something I put a lot of thought into last year.

I seem to have the rare opinion of total indifference. Last year, during the primaries, on a whim, I looked at stats of the 10 "most violent" states in America, and the 10 "least violent", to see who the fuck was telling the truth. I checked some government site, that was just raw data, and they defined violence as crimes of murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. Best I could find was 2013/2014 stats, which was done per 100K people, so it wasn't just Illinois, Cali and New York racking up numbers because of strength in numbers. Basically, what I found was roughly half of the most violent cities had good gun control laws, the other half had relaxed gun laws. The least violent was the same.

That told me a couple things. The Republican talking point of "more guns, more peace" is complete bullshit. States like South Carolina, Tennessee, New Mexico and Alaska with really relaxed gun laws were all in the Top 10. Tennessee was actually 2nd in Total Violent Crime Rate Per 100K. Alaska had the most rapes per capita. More guns do not make you safer.

I also found out that the Democrat talking point of less guns will bring less crime is bullshit too. D.C. was number one, Delaware was up there, we know all about Illinois and Louisiana.

Least violent was Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Virginia, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Kentucky, Minnesota and Hawaii. That's 5-5 Blue State/Red State, which also means strong gun laws/relaxed gun laws.

Guns did not seem to me to be the variable of what makes a state safe or unsafe.

But money did.

A lot of the poorest states happened to be the most violent (South Carolina, Tennessee, New Mexico, Louisiana). Top 10 poorest states like Arkansas and Alabama didn't make the Top 10 most violent because they were #11 and #15. Of the poorest states, only two (Mississippi and Kentucky) were on the "safe" side of America being 26 or better, with Kentucky being an outlier of being one of the safest

5 of the 10 richest states (New Hampshire, Connecticut, Virginia, Maryland, Colorado, Utah, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Hawaii), were part of the 15 safest states with three in the Top 10. Only three of the richest states were on the bad side of 25, being in less "safe" side of America, with Maryland and Alaska being dangerous.

So, like most things in America, the problem is actually a class problem. Poor people are most likely to do crime, whether they have guns or hammers. Comfortable or rich people are less likely to do so, even if they spend their excess money on bazookas.

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:53 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Great post.

Alaska, the rape state of America.

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:09 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Listen, I ain't for no guns, but there needs to be controls. thorough, extensive background checks. mental health checks. And nobody needs an fucking assault rifle.

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:25 pm 

Cash on hand:

National Flag: GeorgiaGeorgia
like most things, its a people problem. That said, they can sure make a mess of things if you are that asshole person.

I don't have a problem with further background checks, hell, they do one anyway when you buy a gun. I have a concealed carry license and it makes it easy to buy a gun. I can be in an out in maybe 10 minutes. Of course, they do the background check with license including finger prints and whatever else they check for. That said, if someone wants a gun, they'll find a way to get one

A better solution would be to have punishment for crime that was a deterrent. if you murder someone, then you get your fucking head cut off or stoned and make sure kids see that at a early age. if you commit a crime with a gun no matter what it is they beat your ass until your almost dead and then feed you to a big ass snake. I bet crime would drop to damn near zero.

Been around guns all my life. Family has always hunted. As far as I know, I'm the only one that has handguns or has guns for self defense. all my uncles and cousins guns are mainly for hunting and in a gun case. I like the idea on having guns to protect my family. as a matter of fact E90, i have an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine with a nice light on it as my bedside, bump in the night, SHTF, zombie, protection.

Im good for background checks or whatever. i just would prefer the government to not have all my guns registered. There may come a day when they come to get them. Ask anybody like a WW2 Jew from Germany if thats a good idea.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:13 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I don't need gun control laws.
I live in NH.
My family is from South Carolina.
I also don't need the police.
I believe in community policing.
I believe it is my responsibility to keep my family safe.
You have to call the police and it is probably already too late.
I have guns, knives, spears, crossbows, machetes, swords, and enough food to live for 2 years.
I am not a survivalist but I am prepared to be self-sustained and self-defended.
It is safe here in NH and I would never live SC.

I just finished clearing my gun range today out back in the woods.

People are always the problem. It isn't the guns but guns can be a terrible choice for a tool for control.
I do believe people who point guns pull the trigger too easily because they have seen it a thousand times. I also believe most criminals don't know how to use a gun very well and mostly intend to point it for control.

Criminals look for victims.
I don't have that victim vibe and don't suspect anyone to fuck with me.
I would hate to hurt someone, but to defend myself or my family I'd kill someone quite easily and quickly.

Cities are different than rural areas and I don't care for cities any longer.
I don't think firearms can be allowed in metro areas.

The idea of gun control is like non-nuclear proliferation agreements.
You give me your weapons and I get to keep mine.

Anyway, nothing cohesive here and I just thought to write some points.

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:44 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I don't need gun control laws.
I live in NH.
My family is from South Carolina.
I also don't need the police.
I believe in community policing.
I believe it is my responsibility to keep my family safe.
You have to call the police and it is probably already too late.
I have guns, knives, spears, crossbows, machetes, swords, and enough food to live for 2 years.
I am not a survivalist but I am prepared to be self-sustained and self-defended.
It is safe here in NH and I would never live SC.

I just finished clearing my gun range today out back in the woods.

People are always the problem. It isn't the guns but guns can be a terrible choice for a tool for control.
I do believe people who point guns pull the trigger too easily because they have seen it a thousand times. I also believe most criminals don't know how to use a gun very well and mostly intend to point it for control.

Criminals look for victims.
I don't have that victim vibe and don't suspect anyone to fuck with me.
I would hate to hurt someone, but to defend myself or my family I'd kill someone quite easily and quickly.

Cities are different than rural areas and I don't care for cities any longer.
I don't think firearms can be allowed in metro areas.

The idea of gun control is like non-nuclear proliferation agreements.
You give me your weapons and I get to keep mine.

Anyway, nothing cohesive here and I just thought to write some points.

Shit, but its in these metro areas where you need them the most for self defense.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:58 pm 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

yea...i know.

THere aren't any perfect solutions.

One day, I see a scenario where a citizen kills a cop legitimately defending someone or defending themselves. I also see that wearable video will show just cause for the citizen. How will the police respond to this scenario?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:24 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I'm a staunch believer in the 2nd Amendment. Because I know what history says about tyrannical governments.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:45 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I don't think you do know what history says about guns protecting the citizenry from tyrannical governments.

....because there is nothing...no evidence.

YOu go find it now....keeping looking...show us your big research brain.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:49 am 

Cash on hand:

Burowz is such a cornball. :lol:

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:18 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

If I was living in the US, I'd be a staunch believer in the 2nd amendment, because I know crazy erratic motherfuckers like Burowz say shit about the tyrannical government, only to run away from bums at gas stations with the intention of calling the police on them.

Too many crazy armed ppl in the US, I'd have a gun, I'd have a vest, I'd carry both in public if possible, and I'd lock them up tight in my house. The fact that yall are the most heavily armed country in the world (and have shitty health care practices) are the main reasons why I never moved there after I graduated.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:46 am 

Cash on hand:

both sides are right. both sides are wrong. its a double edged sword. the same laws that allows us to protect ourselves are the same laws that force us to protect ourselves. everything will remain the same fucked up way regardless of what laws get reinforced or changed. But bitch ass cornballs like Burowz just need to go. :rofl:

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Its the exact same concept as when we tell women not to dress a certain way and not to wander out at night, and their response is some prattle about their freedoms, victim blaming, and how we should be fighting for them being able to do those things. When the overarching reality is, we understand and accept everything that they say, but we simultaneously realize and accept that we have to live in the world as it currently is and not how we'd dream that it could be.

I dont want a fucking gun. I wish gun laws were tight and if I was an American Id wish that the country wasnt so free that every gun loving asshole could get guns, etc etc. But Id recognize the reality that the country is filled with gun users, some good, some bad, and some in between, and Im not gonna be the bozo who chooses to sing peace songs and put flowers in my hair rather than tool the fuck up and be ready for the worst.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:52 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

That's the sad reality of it right there. We all now better. WE all FUCKING KNOW BETTER. Yet, because of a very vocal minority, we have to be ready

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Ppl let their desires dragoon them into choosing and championing bad ideas. Let me use women again.

Women will tell you that they dont take drinks from strangers, that they are very careful and secure about that, for obvious reasons. You wont hear them use the argument there about a magical world where they should be free to do it because men shouldnt be date raping broads anyway.

But you tell them to not walk around alone at night or not to dress whorilly, and then they get triggered and go away from sound judgement, when its the exact same fucking principle as it is with the drinks.

Ppl do that with guns and gun ownership, on both sides. One side tells you about how much they need guns of the most power and caliber beyond human fucking reasoning. Then the other side says nobody should by guns at all to defend themselves, when there exists a helluva case for doing so.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:11 am 

Cash on hand:

exactly man. while there's sensible arguments to be made on both sides, the worst of them is the one who pretends there is no sensible need to feel and be protected, while he argues with the Amendments humping asshole who has a fucking gun shop in his basement.

-Joe Biden

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:13 am 

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Aye. And I love the self defense argument for these fuckers with 15 AR-15's and sniper rifles and shit. You aint hunting with that. You don't need that to defend your house against a home invader.

Board index » Off Topic